Re: [gNewSense-users] [offtopic] looking for windowmanager

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [offtopic] looking for windowmanager
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:02:18 +0100

> Do you know an extensible, customizable windowmanager without eye spamming
> and slow gui and mouse dependency ... just like emacs?

I used xmonad [0] (written and extended in Haskell, you don't need to
know much about this language for simple configurations), a tiling
window manager. By default it just has just several windows with
one-pixel wide borders on the screen and is keyboard-controlled.  (I
used it with a different GNU/Linux distribution, so I don't know how
well the gNS package for it works.)

[0] http://xmonad.org/