Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Metad LXDE Setup

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Metad LXDE Setup
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:31:02 +0100

Paul Roge wrote:
1) The battery monitor panel item does not display properly.

I think this is the problem: the LXDE battery monitor uses ACPI,
which isn't monitoring the Yeeloong battery for some reason. APM does
however. Hardinfo, which was automatically installed with LXDE, does
monitor the battery. Additionally, I have installed xapm and
xbattbar, which use APM, as well. I wasn't able to find any
charge_now file on my system to check the battery status using the
cat command, however.

I assume you're using kernel 2.6.32. APM is probably no longer available if you upgrade to a newer version: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-users/2010-05/msg00043.html