[gNewSense-users] Building Vinux from Ubuntu using Builder?

From: Bill Cox
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Building Vinux from Ubuntu using Builder?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:41:42 -0500

First, is this a good idea?  I'll go read through the docs, but it
looks like it's mostly based on Hardy, and I'll be working from 11.04
or 11.10 for this project, assuming it were to happen.  I know there
are good reasons to use Debian for upstream, but in our case, we have
good reasons to build Vinux off of Ubuntu, as we have a decent
relationship with upstream, which allows us to more easily get new
a11y upgrades into other Linux distros, which is the primary purpose
of Vinux, IMO.

If it is a good idea to use builder, would there be anyone from
gNewSense who could provide advice as I go through the process?