Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:56:21 +1000

On Thu, 26 May 2011 19:13:51 +0200
Jason Self <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm running a FOSSology instance [1] to scan the repository and
> verify that everything is free software.

\o/

> All of the "A" packages [2] completed this morning, and I've filed
> the first bug report [3] using the information that FOSSology
> provided. More are coming as it found several packages with licenses
> that permitted only non-commercial use.

You, sir, are awesome.
When the import finishes could you tell us how big the fossology repo
is?

> Is anyone interested in helping me verify the freedom status of the
> upcoming Parkes release? Please contact me if so.
>
> [1] http://mistakenbear.com/
> [2]
> http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/pool/main/a/
> [3] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?33408

[1] and [2] are our current freedom verification pages. Do you have a
login on the wiki? if you do, it would be great if you could update
them with what you are doing.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/FreedomVerification
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/CurrentProjects
thanks,