[gNewSense-users] Can't run wogedit on newer distributions.

From: Lori Nagel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Can't run wogedit on newer distributions.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:36:35 -0800 (PST)

Okay, this may sound really offtopic, but I figured I would ask here since you guys are all gnewsense users.  When I first got gnewsense, I noticed a lot of libraries were broke.  In particular, ones that played sound for battle for wesnoth, and caused some other free software sdl games to crash (notably Flare).  Because of the brokeness and the out of date ness. I wanted to move away from it for a while, and finnally went a head and installed fedora 16 (64bit) in the other partitition.  Unfortunately, the most important game of all is now broke on this new distribution is wograld.  Well, the server still runes, but the client gives me errors unless I change the font.  The map editor, wogedit, does not work at all. Because the project only has two developers, i worry if I don't get it fixed right now, eventually it will no longer be playable on anybodies computer.

I figure nobody would want to install gnewsense, the free software people are all using trisquel now. (no idea how bad/good that is in terms of broke libraries or not)