Re: [gNewSense-users] SSH: HostKey vs. AuthorizedKeysFile

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] SSH: HostKey vs. AuthorizedKeysFile
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 06:34:34 +0400

I forgot about another thing.
Does passwd use /etc/shadow by default?

This guide [1] says that I should be asked about this, but I wasn't:
"At the end of the installation, you will be asked if shadow passwords
should be enabled."

How to delete/disable su?
"Actually, the best solution is to remove su and switch to the sudo
mechanism which has a broader logic and more features than su."
This is the most detailed guide I've found. [3]
But I don't think it's the right way to do it.

(These questions are connected with the topic. That's why I've not
started a new thread.)

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch3.en.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch4.en.html
[3] http://serverfault.com/questions/69216/disable-su-on-machine/69218#69218