[gNewSense-users] Mounting/partitioning inside a VM

From: Stayvoid
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Mounting/partitioning inside a VM
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:10:55 +0400

Hello,

What is the right way to mount several partitions/disks?

My machine is a VM (Xen).

For example:
I separated my disk to several partitions.
/dev/xvda--Debian;
/dev/xvdb--for swap;
/dev/xvdc--debootstrapped gNewSense system;
/dev/xvdd--for /boot

I used /dev/xvda to debootstrap gNewSense to /dev/xvdc.
How to use /dev/xvdd for /boot in gNewSense?

/dev/xvdd is currently empty.

Will it be enough to edit /etc/fstab in gNewSense and append something
like the following?
/dev/xvdd  /boot  ext3  defaults  1 2
/dev/xvdd will be mounted as /boot automatically after the reboot. Is it right?

(Maybe it should be done before the debootstrap if the above scheme is
incorrect.)