Re: [gNewSense-users] LibreOffice for Parkes

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] LibreOffice for Parkes
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:02:55 +0200

Dmitry Samoyloff wrote:
Are there LibreOffice packages for Parkes (on Yeeloong)?
Parkes will have Squeeze's (slightly patched) OpenOffice.org. I haven't
checked if LO in squeeze-backports suffers from the scandoc.pl problem

Why OO? I'm a little confused, is OO preferable compared to LO in some way
(in the sense of freedom or strategically)?

Backporting is usually a lot of work, and more so for big packages with lots of dependencies, like OO.o/LO.