[gNewSense-users] How to install Icecat on gNewSense 3.0?

From: timawa
Subject: [gNewSense-users] How to install Icecat on gNewSense 3.0?
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:53:17 +0800

Hi,

Just installed gNewSense Parkes on my laptop and it works great.

I just have a question though: How do I install Icecat 17 on it? I tried
the instructions on the wiki but it required a higher dependency than
those in the default repository. I added DNS's PPA as Oneiric to get
Icecat and successfully got into the repos, but it still required I
install dependencies not present in the default repo. Should I add
Debian Sid to the repositories to get the updated ones? Will there be
any freedom issues when I add it?