[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Xgnokii (0.4-Release) for 6310 not working?

From: Ulrich Hopp
Subject: Re: Xgnokii (0.4-Release) for 6310 not working?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:05:19 +0200
User-agent: KMail/1.4.1

Hi Pawel,

gnokii : latest version from CVS ( 15.07.2002 ) + your patch
Phone : Nokia 6310 V 4.10 04-01-02 NPE-4
Cabel : DLR3-3P

> On 14 Jul 2002, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> > I just tried to use the 0.4-release version with my 6310. All I get is an
> > unknown model exiting. model in .gnokiirc says 6310.
> What connection type do you use? DLR-3[P] is known to not work - you will
> need Manfred's patch (not excellent yet) to let it work.
for me gnokii and xgnokii works in general with your patch. ( xgnokii with 
"bugs" due to the changes in the nk6510 driver ? )

But I think there is a way to lock the modem of the 6310.
If I start with "gnokii --monitor " ( gnokii without your patch ! ) a get an 
error message "...unable to open device ..." as expected.
After this the modem seems to be locked. Restarting with "gnokii  --monitor" ( 
gnokii now with your patch ! ) also results in an error message. 
Even connecting the phone to my laptop with win95 and the Nokia program 
doesn't reactivate the modem.
Only switching the phone off/on  and disconnecting/reconnecting the data cable 
brings the modem up to life.
So this seems to be a Nokia firmware problem. May be with different firmware 
versions different (buggy) behavior.

With Xgnokii I can read and save phone book etc. but the entries are shown 
with the wrong group. If I change group from family to no group the 
phonenumber is erased. May be a kind of index problem.

I'll try to debug this but my time and programming skills are limited ;-) 



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]