JavaPhone project

From: Pavel Machek
Subject: JavaPhone project
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 04:22:53 +0000

Hi!

I created javaphone project on sourceforge. Its aim is to develop java
software usable on cellphones.

Right now, following programs are in:
* calc -- scientific calculator. Mostly usable.
* isearch -- t9 search for your phonebook. Also mostly usable.
* tinybasic -- well, BASIC. Unfinished.
* few games (asteroids, worm, arkanoid)

I've created abstraction for hiding phone-dependend stuff (like keycodes,
way to vibrate, etc). I can currently handle generic phone, Java Gray phone
and siemens sl45i. I'd like someone to add support for Nokia phones (should
be real easy). I need help with writing apps; maybe we can get MicroReader
sources if we promise to port it to nokia. (Believe me, you *want* MicroReader).

I'd also like to know few things:

can java on N6310i
*) invoke arbitrary at commands?
*) read sms-es?