RE: News Posting

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: RE: News Posting
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:26:55 +0200

Hi,

> An overview for the tree phone's softwares.
> Gnokii    : That is focus on the nokia phone.
>           That supported other protocol.(include GSM modem)
>           Most is writing use ANSI C.
>           Have an useful gui interface.
>           * The problem that is : Still not stable. (from CVS)
>           * The library is including all of support driver,
> so it is largest.
Although Pkot will say, that it's not the true, I will add from my side:
state of this software and some problems (still) existing with it and
some points (like marginal win32 compatibility) depends only on
behaviour of some "main" gnokii developers. Pkot: please do not comment.
This is true, this is my opinion and you can't change it.

> MyGnokii  : That is base on the gnokii 0.33. But for now, it
> has some different        between with gnokii. It have most
> gnokii's good things, and cut bad         things.
>           Have not GUI Interface.
>           * easy API and user interfaces.
>           * all is in the struct.
>           * It is Stable .
Well, not exactly true. On my www there is available MyGnokii project
(end in 03.2002) based on Gnokii 0.3.3, which contains some extensions
from Gnokii 0.3.3 (and also contains GUI, console version, deaemon for
making data calls, etc.). Second is MyGnokii2 project without GUI, but
written from basis (started in 04.2002). Doesn't contains GUI (yet).

IMHO, point "That is base on the gnokii 0.33. But for now, it has some
different           between with gnokii. It have most gnokii's good
things, and cut bad         things" is connected with MyGnokii project
(end in 03.2002)

Points "    Have not GUI Interface.                 * easy API and user
interfaces.         * all is in the struct.         * It is Stable "
with project MyGnokii2 (started in 04.2002).

Please separate info about this software line. When have problems and
want improve MyGnokii2, please tell me. Some bad things can be removed,
when better solutions will be found. From my side I will also try to
move all good things from Gnokii and other projects as fast as possible.

[and some other like gsmlib]

>           Now I use the mygnokii.
>           I write an daemon with mygnokii library, that commucation
with
> GPRS/GSM modem. The iPAQ GSM/GPRS sleeve can report the signal level
> battery level without query, So I change the mygnokii, use
> Asynchronous input model.
Yes, I will work today on your and other recived last time patches :-)

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,
http://marcin-wiacek.topnet.pl, http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/)