Problem with 3310

From: Vinai Natham
Subject: Problem with 3310
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:37:16 +0700

Dear all

I can not use gnokii with my cellphone nokia 3310

I use

- Redhat Linux 7.2

- FBUS Cable that work well with Nokia Logomanager

- gnokii 0.4.3

- Nokia DTC3 Model 3310

- connect with COM Port 1 (ttyS0)

this is an error occur when I try to start gnokiid or other gnokii program

GNOKIID Version 0.4.3
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS0
Adding key/value model/default
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/dau9p
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/19200
Adding key/value require_dcd/1
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/12345678
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Initialising GSM
GSM/FBUS init failed!
VM_Initialise - VM_GSMInitialise failed!

or if I try to use model = 3310 then error is

GNOKIID Version 0.4.3
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS0
Adding key/value model/3310
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/dau9p
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/19200
Adding key/value require_dcd/1
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/12345678
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Initialising GSM
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
ERROR: Modem DCD is down and global/require_dcd parameter is set!

Can any body suggess me to make gnokii work?

What wrong ?, I can tell U that every thing (Hardware) is work fine because I can use it with

nokia logomanager,and I think that linux and gcc is work fine, when I compile gnokii no error occure

Please!,Thanks.

-=Mr.Vinai Natham=-