Re: Faking a sender Number

From: Stefan Schoeman
Subject: Re: Faking a sender Number
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:52:20 +0200

Hello Christian and all others,

> What I think you need is a direct connection to an SMSC. Ask those
companies
> that offer access to an SMSC.

OK, in my case, I'm more interested in preventing people from sending me
fake numbers It sounds to me as if the only way to send a fake number is if
one has a connection to an SMSC. Would you think then that there is a way to
prevent anyone
from sending you a false Sender address in any way, perhaps by getting
additional info such as the SMSC through which
an SMS was sent and banning messages from a non-trusted SMSC ?

Thanks,

Stefan