Re: 3300 questions

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 3300 questions
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:08:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Marcin Skotis wrote:

> I've spent some time looking info about data cable to nokia 3330 and
> features provided by it. Now I know less than before I started.
> 1) What kind of cable is necessery to connect to this phone? FBUS only is
> enough to get all capabilities or I have to build FBUS/MBUS?

FBUS provides all capabilities that you can get with gnokii.

> 2) Does gnokii or any other application (can be ms-windows) can make a data
> call (GPRS kind) for me? Some say that it's not possible, others say that it
> is and another say that it even has a modem in it - I'm really confused.

No. For the data calls you need pppd under Linux. Gnokii project does
provide the software modem for the phones that don't understand AT
commands (Nokia 6110 and family and Nokia 5110 and family). The only thing
we can add is to create some dialogs: 'Make a data call', 'Make a GPRS
connection' in xgnokii.

> 3) Is' there any possibility to build only a connector to original Nokia
> cable DAU-9 or DLR-3P (because I can  get both) and plug it into 3330?

I don't think so. 3330 has under battery connector. I have the separate
cable for this model.