Re: 6310i and gnokii

From: Pybe
Subject: Re: 6310i and gnokii
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:23:38 +0000

Internet wrote:
Le Mercredi 25 Septembre 2002 15:29, vous avez écrit :

Hello,

 I've just bought a Nokia 6310i mobile phone, and today I've found
this gnokii software.

First of all: I have a laptop without serial, pcmcia and irda
ports, at least it has USB. Is there any cables for Nokia 6310i
with which I can connect it to the USB port of my laptop?

I have got the same Nokia 6310i mobile phone which run fine with Xgnokii . First you have to use an USB/SERIAL converter and plug into the nokia cable dlr3p connected to your phone.
Then you must modify by hand your HOME/.gnokiirc as followind:
port = /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
model = 6310i
initlength = default
connection = dlr3p
etc...
Read the info Xgnokii and follow what it says.
Then you should run xgnokii but you could not use the fonction dial.

Please tell me how it works

Jean

I have the 6310 working with bluetooth mostly.

Is the 6310i much different?

James