Re: help in implementing IrDA & Gnokii

From: Simon Huggins
Subject: Re: help in implementing IrDA & Gnokii
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:18:04 +0100

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 05:27:16PM +0200, ruud koendering wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 July 2004 16:52, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > > irdadump not running!  (kernel starts IrDA)
> > As in you run it and nothing happens or it doesn't run and errors or
> > what?
> Nothing happens Control-C stops the program....

Then something isn't happy on the IrDA side.  You need to fix that
before gnokii will work.

I've not played with a usb IrDA thing though (well I did once but it
kind of all just worked).

> NET: Registered protocol family 23
> IRDA-USB found at address 3, Vendor: 50f, Product: 180
> IrDA: Registered device irda0
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver irda-usb
> USB IrDA support registered
> drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbserial
> drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
> drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for IR Dongle
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver ir-usb
> drivers/usb/serial/ir-usb.c: USB IR Dongle driver v0.4

Oh hrm.  Looks like usbserial was loaded.  I guess it could have claimed
the device.

What happens if you try irattach on whatever the new serial device is
probably /dev/ttyUSB0 ?
i.e. irattach /dev/ttyUSB0 -s

Alternatively what happens if you unload the usbserial driver and try
irattach irda0 -s

Have you googled for some kind soul that's got it working?

Once you do get it working let me know what you need and I'll submit a
patch to the docs in gnokii.

Simon.

--
oOoOo    <sl> benj: mais il y a des thumbnails en 1600x1200 ;)     oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo