Re: Help with gnokiirc file for Win32 IRDA

From: Jörg Wartenberg
Subject: Re: Help with gnokiirc file for Win32 IRDA
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:09:15 +0200

Hi Bozo,

as mentioned below, I get a "Config error - no port specified." error message. Since Windows 2000 do no longer allow to access the IRDA port as com port, I don't know what value gnokii expects here?

The bare 3650 protocol is quite useless, you have to use gnapplet. Get
gnapplet.sis (you can find the appropriate version in the binary package
or in the source tarball) and upload it to your phone.
I'am using gnapplet! => I noticed that gnapplet crashes always without error message if I start the built-in IRDA-connection tool before gnapplet. But Gnapplet alone, seems to work.

gnapplet communicates via IrCOMM, so you have to configure a virtual
serial port

This is my problem. I can access my phone via the NOKIA software, so the IRDA driver seems well configured. But I'am not aware of any possibility to map the IRDA port to a com port under Windows 2000. I know that the Win9x series do the IRDA access this way, but AFAIK not Win2000. Or do I missunderstand something here?

which is redirected to your phone (if you configured your
3650 as a modem see which port it use). The following settings will work:

connection = serial
port = com5
model = series60              <--- 3650 is the same, doesn't matter

I tried already all serial ports from com1 to com8. No one works for me.

Regards Jörg Wartenberg