Re: [OpenSync] Gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [OpenSync] Gnokii
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:44:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Armin Bauer wrote:

Hi Armin,

> these kind of devices anyways. There a lot of devices out there where
> the database is pulled completly from the device, synced locally and
> then pushed onto the device again.

Do you mean, the idea is: grab everything, sync locally, overwrite
everything (perhaps doing: remove and write)? If so, I don't think it is a
good idea. The mobile devices are not fast, or more important the
connection (eg. with IrDA) is not fast, but have already quite large
memory. Reading 1000 entries over IrDA from the Samsung phone takes few
minutes. I'd rather think of the way to minimize the transfer.

take care,
p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/