Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:09:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-1] Balint Reczey wrote:

> Telephone numbers containing characters other than
> digits, + and 'space' cannot be stored.
> I think it should be fixed in gnokii's
> gn_phonebook_entry_sanitize()

This is not supported by the phones themself. Either using FBUS protocol,
or usin AT commands, the phone will reject such entry. The questionable is
who should take care of the number validation.

> Gnokii can store limited amount of properties (10
> subentries per entry), so don't be suprised if just a
> subset of your VCard object appears in your phone.

Again, this is the limit of the phones in most cases. I think it is not
the problem to extend it if there's a need.

> The patch includes a vcard.c file which could be used
> in gnokii instead of current implementation, because
> the original one lacks tests for buffer overwrites.

That's odd from you. Wouldn't it be better to submit a patch for gnokii?

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/