Re: 6230 memory type, file transfer

From: David Deaves
Subject: Re: 6230 memory type, file transfer
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:28:16 +1000

> Sorry to bother with trivialities but
>
> 1. I don't seem to get the syntax right for the memory type to download
> phonebook data.

I have found that these get me my phonebook data
from the phone memory/sim card respectively
gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end
gnokii --getphonebook SM 1 end

> 2 I also have a number of pictures on the phone. This may sound silly
> but I haven't found any mention of file transfer although I thought I've
> given a more than cursory look on the docs. -Of course, the memory type
> should be right in first place before any transfer could take place. -
> Google was not too helpful either.

0.6.4  doesn't have the  '--getfilelist' and friends, you will need to use
the CVS version.  I have been playing with it for the last 2 nights.  It seems
to work reasonably well, however I have found that it fails when listing a
directory with more than 17 entries, I have not yet worked out why.
I was able to change the startup/poweroff logo by replacing the file
A:/HiddenFolder/Generic_startup_image.gif

Dave !
--
David Deaves    <address@hidden>                +61 413 003 552
"Luck is the residue of design"   -   Branch Rickey