Re: Gnokii & Nokia 6225

From: Noah K . Tilton
Subject: Re: Gnokii & Nokia 6225
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 04:29:16 -0000

Ben <debian <at> ausipos.com> writes:

> Hi List!
>
> Can anyone tell me whether Gnokii works with a Nokia 6225 CDMA phone?
>
> I haven't had any luck as yet, am trying to connect via IR (which I
> think is working..)
>
> If I put model = 6225 gnokii errors with:
>
> zeus:/home/ben# gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.6.4
> Telephone interface init failed: Model specified isn't known/supported.
> Quitting.
>
> Is there a workaround?
> As far as I am aware the 6225 is virtually just a hacked 6220 (it even
> has the sim card slot still..)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ben.

Anyone ever get this to work?
I'm using a Nokia 6225 phone with DKU-5 USB cable ...

address@hidden root # gammu --identify
Error opening device. Unknown/busy or no permissions.

address@hidden root # cat gammulog
[Gammu            - 1.00.04 built 17:10:59 Mar 11 2005 in gcc 3.3]
[Connection       - "fbuspl2303"]
[Model type       - "6220"]
[Device           - "/dev/usb/ttyUSB0"]
[System error     - open in serial_open, 6, "No such device or address"]
[ERROR 2: Error opening device. Unknown/busy or no permissions.]

address@hidden root # dmesg | egrep usb
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 7
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 8

address@hidden root # lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 008: ID 0451:3410 Texas Instruments, Inc.
<-- this is Nokia(?)
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:008c Microsoft Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

address@hidden root # gnokii --version
GNOKII Version 0.6.4
[...]

address@hidden root # gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.4
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such file or directory
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such file or directory
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such file or directory
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting

Obviously, it's connected. Can this be mounted in any way?
Sorry for sounding
like such a newb, but hacking cell phones is more a curiosity than a specialty.

nkt                 =]