Re: search a handy/mobile/cellphone with camera, download photos

From: Martyn Welch
Subject: Re: search a handy/mobile/cellphone with camera, download photos
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:16:15 +0100

----- Original Message ----------
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 02:14, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:

> Somebody here can advise a handy/mobile/cellphone with good
> photos that can be downloaded with linux, maybe gnokii software?
> I need it for one of my customers a medicine doctor. He
> needs it for visits.

I tend to find Symbian based Nokias quite good. New ones have megapixel
cameras.

> I've asked a lot round the world last week, no success.
> I won't hope that I've to say to my customer: photos
>  download with linux impossible .. :-(
> with any handy/mobile/cellphone round the world.

Get a bluetooth dongle, add to PC. Send pictures via bluetooth to PC, setup PC
to automatically accept them and save them in chosen folder. Quite easy to do
with the bluetooth stuff in KDE.

> Please no download by fiddling out the SDRAM card an put it
> somewhere in a card reader. My customer will transfer directly by
> irda, usb, ...

Guess that includes bluetooth.

Martyn

--