Re: FC4 + CA-42 + Nokia 2112 -- Need help with initialization parameters

From: Harsha Ramesh
Subject: Re: FC4 + CA-42 + Nokia 2112 -- Need help with initialization parameters.
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:18:10 +0530

Hi Bozo,

thanks for this information. I didnt know about it. I shall try this out and let you know the results at the earliest.

regards,
Harsha

On 11/19/05, BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:37:14PM +0530, Harsha Ramesh wrote:
> Details:
> Fedora Core 4 - Kernel 2.6.14
> Nokia 2112
> CA-42 cable
> gnokii 0.6.9
>
> Issue:
>
> When i run gnokiid, i get the following output:

Why do you want to run gnokiid? gnokiid is an AT modem emulator for
old nokia models (e.g. 5110/6110) but your phone contains a native
modem.

If you want to modify contacts, send & receive messages you can use
one of the following utilities: gnokii (command line), xgnokii (gtk2
based, part of the gnokii package) or gnocky (rewritten gtk2 based
program). Please run gnokii --identify first. If you are experiencing
problems please try to run gnokii (it's much easier us to debug than
the graphical versions).

Bye,
Bozo