Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd

From: Zdeněk Habala
Subject: Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:53:14 +0200

Hi Pawel,

> On 8/10/06, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Also when I prepare manually
> > > libfile.so smsd -m file complains about missing DB_Bye symbol. The
> > > same happens with Ubuntu package.
> >
> > This problem remains though and I have no idea why.
>
> OK. I think I know what happened. In more recent gcc versions you need
> to explcitely specify which symbols are exported from the shared
> library. I am commiting the fix to CVS right now.

maybe there is one more symbol to be exported. Because now it is complaining
about missing WriteSMS, which is in smsd.c ...

log2.200608102227:/usr/local/sbin/smsd: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/smsd/libpq.so: undefined symbol: WriteSMS

I have just added the GNOKII_API before the definition of WriteSMS and now it
is working well.

WKR Zdenek