Re: smsd does not work with greek characters

From: Nick
Subject: Re: smsd does not work with greek characters
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:28:37 +0300

LC_ALL = el_GR

The mysql module is still not working (the file module works)
When i use comand line mysql queries, i get greek characters,
but the mysql module send still ?????? in sms messages

There must me something wrong when the the mysql database
send data to gnokii, have tried mysql 4.1 and 5 with several my.cnf
configs (default characert greek etc) with no luck

I dont know C, but in php aplications when a similar problem occures,
i bypass it by setting mysql_query("SET NAMES greek")  in the conection string
is there any way to code this in the smsd code,
so that every time it runs the database conection, to run this code
exactly after the conection?

Thanks

Hi,

On 8/29/06, Kostas Peletidis <address@hidden> wrote:
> What is the output of the command 'echo $LC_CTYPE' on the machine(s)
> where you have problems with greek?

gnokii looks just at LC_ALL.

take care,
Pawel Kot