Nokia 6230, Windows, DKU2-Cable

From: Waldschmidt, Heiko (EEF/H4)
Subject: Nokia 6230, Windows, DKU2-Cable
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:45:04 +0200

Hi,

I tried gnokii with a Nokia 6230 on Windows XP and a DKU2-Cable. (I got
Nokias PCSuite working - so i know that the cable is O.K.)

I read http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2 and used

[global]
port = anything
connection = dku2libusb
# you may replace it with your phone model
model = 6510

I tired some changes like "port = usb" or "port=Com1" and changed model
to 6230.

D:\Programme\Gnokii>gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.16
Unsupported [global] connection value "dku2libusb"
No [global] section in C:\WINDOWS\gnokiirc config file.
Couldn't open C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ehewald\_gnokiirc or
C:\WINDOWS\gnokiirc.
Config file cannot be read.

Couldn't open seems strange to me because I get this message only when i
try to use connection = dku2libusb;

When i use connection=dku2. I got the following:

D:\Programme\Gnokii>gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.16
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file C:\WINDOWS\gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model: 6230
port_device: usb
connection_type: 9
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device usb
Couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.
Serial device: closing device

Can someone tell me what i have to do to get it working?

Greetings,
Heiko Waldschmidt