Re: Call notification patches for AT driver

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Re: Call notification patches for AT driver
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:06:08 +0100

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 18:24 +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote in gnokii-call-notifications-3.patch:
>
> > +       if (strncmp(buf.line1, "AT+CPAS: ", 6)) {
> > +               return GN_ERR_UNKNOWN;
> > +       }
> (it's in file atgen.c at line 2154)
>
> that seems wrong since strlen("AT+CPAS: ") != 6 and the ": " part can never
> be
> there, I think it should be
> if (strncmp(buf.line1, "AT+CPAS", 7)) {

you're right, it just happens to work because we're only comparing the
first 6 characters ("AT+CPA"). Pawel, could you fix it as Daniele
mentions?

> WRT to AT+CPAS, since Nokia 8310 doesn't support it, I checked "ETSI TS 100
> 916 V7.8.0 (2003-03)", I hope it's the latest one, and found that
> implementation of AT+CPAS is mandatory when AT+CMEC is implemented (subclause
> 8.1) which in turn is mandatory when "any of keypad, display or indicator
> commands is implemented" (subclause 8.6).
> How do you interpret that? I think that since GSM modems don't have a keypad
> or a display they need not implement the commands for them, so we must think
> about a workaround for when AT+CPAS is not present. Any ideas?

I'd be glad to hear if you know another command that could provide
similar functionality that might be more widely available.

> Supporting the 8310 in AT mode is not important since it can be used in FBUS
> mode, however it can be useful for tests because it does support +CLIP

It was a problem before as well. gn_call_check_active wasn't working at
all because GN_OP_GetActiveCalls wasn't implemented. At least now, it
works on some AT phones.

Using the notifier function (gn_call_notifier) we'd at least get some
call details into the calltable. Only worry is if +CLIP is support, but
neither +CPAS nor +CLCC are, that means that all the calls in the
calltable will appear as ringing without ever being able to get out of
it.

gn_call_check_active() should be modified to work properly if +CLIP and
+CLCC are supported, but not +CPAS.

--
Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>