Re: debug mode

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: debug mode
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:38:10 +0200

Hi,

On Jul/20/2007, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>
> > Now I downloaded CVS version and I couldn't use debug option. Everywhere
> > says that I should write in /etc/gnokiirc:
> >
> > [logging]
> > debug = yes
>
> could you point out where it says so?

(me, ashaming myself)
I cannot find it now in documentation. But the error message
(cfgreader.c, line 720):
                fprintf(stderr, _("Use either \"%s\" or \"%s\".\n"),
                "yes", "no");

The code checks if it is "off" or "on":
        if (!strcasecmp(val, "off"))
                *t = GN_LOG_T_NONE;
        else if (!strcasecmp(val, "on"))
                *t = GN_LOG_T_STDERR;

So, if user writes "yes" the code checks "on" or "off" and says to user:
Unsupported [logging] debug value "yes"
Use either "yes" or "no".
Assuming: off

Two days ago I changed the condition code, but I see that is easier to
change the error message :-)

So: feel free to change the error message :-)
(Then gnokii will parse use_locking as "yes" and "no" and logging as "on" and
"off", it is not coherent but I think that is not a big problem)

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info       Manresa - Barcelona