Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CV

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CVS version/Nokia 6300
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 23:06:18 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 22:26, Jan Derfinak <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Dennis l wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
>> smsd now seems stable, however it got trouble watching out for new incoming
>> sms's.
>
> For smsd I need log with xdebug=on where I can see smsd's function.
> I don't understand all details about low level phone communication but these
> messages look weird:
>
> Phone gave as poisonous (too short?) reply, either phone went crazy or
> communication went out of sync
> Invalid remote number length (59)
>

> It looks for me like problem with phone communication, Pawel, Daniele what
> do you think?

I can't see a reason for the message above but it seems we have a
general problem with new series40 phones with file SMS access.
Apparently (not sure if it is the phone problem or gnokii problem)
when listing the files from the Inbox directory it doesn't get
refreshed when SMS arrived. It might be that I screwed caching
algorithm -- that would be easy to fix by someone with s40 phone. It's
worse if we need to reconnect the phone to refresh...

take care,
--
Pawel Kot