Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 92, Issue 6

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 92, Issue 6
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:20:52 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:06, Victor Engmark <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10.07.2010 18:00, address@hidden wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 14:01, Victor Engmark<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>> I've tested gnokii with a Nokia 6300 extensively using a Bash script
>>> <http://l0b0.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/howto-copying-vcard-address-books-to-nokia-6300-via-bluetooth-on-ubuntu-linux/>
>>> (disclaimer: I wrote it), so I'm absolutely sure that deletephonebook
>>> and writephonebook work, with a few caveats:
>>
>> Which gnokii version?
>
> $ gnokii --version
> GNOKII Version 0.6.28
> Built 09:21:36 Dec  8 2009

I think 0.6.29 should work more reliably.

>>> * If two actions (e.g., deletephonebook followed by writephonebook) are
>>> run shortly after each other, gnokii will sometimes report that the unit
>>> is busy, and exit. Can this be safely avoided somehow?
>>
>> Not sure you'd need provide more details on your setup. Bluetooth? USB?
>
> $ cat .gnokiirc
> [global]
> model = 6510
> port = 00:1C:35:50:73:79
> connection = bluetooth

This might be limitation of the bluetooth driver. You can insert some
sleep between calls. Not sure about generic way to handle it. Do you
have any script that reproduces it?

>>> * writephonebook always exits with error code 20 *after* finishing. Can
>>> anyone explain why?
>>
>> Any details, again?
>
> Here are the last lines of output when running
> gnokii --writephonebook --overwrite --memory-type ME --vcard
> in the script mentioned:
>
> Write Succeeded: memory type: ME, loc: 336, name: Removed Removed, number:
> Write Succeeded: memory type: ME, loc: 337, name: Removed Removed, number:
> Write failed (Data format is not valid.): memory type: ME, loc: 338,
> name: , number:

That's probably the way we detect the last entry. I guess we might
handle it somehow better.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot