Re: FBUS Delete SMS for Nokia 1200

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: FBUS Delete SMS for Nokia 1200
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:38:24 +0200

2010/7/16 9TD.net:

> I also use gnokii version 0.6.27

that's offensive

> wiht Nokia 1200/1650 and can send SMS,
> dialvoice call. But I cannot delete the SMS. So I would like to know the
> FBUS command to delete the SMS in SIM.

it seems they both are Series 30 and currently libgnokii supports them
as far as they share commands with nk6510 and Series 40, so somebody
with access to such a phone has got to figure out if such a command
exists, but not all Nokias allow access to the SIM from the outside so
it doesn't necessarily exist.

Before trying to delete an SMS I would try to read it: "gnokii
--showsmsfolderstatus" shows all the memories that gnokii should be
able to access in your phone, what does it show?

At the risk of bricking your phone, you can modify NK6510_GetSMS() in
common/phones/nk6510.c to try all possible values for req[4] and
req[5], ie all 65536 values, don't bother optimizing out the known
values, as they might even work in different combinations; or you can
do that in NK6510_DeleteSMS()
--
Daniele Forsi