Re: Patch for better Samsung B2100 support

From: grunge
Subject: Re: Patch for better Samsung B2100 support
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:58:32 +0200

I've enhanced the patch to add support for writephonebook on this phone.
Had to introduce new write_unencoded_number and write_unencoded_name
driver flags for this as the phone retuns encoded number on read but
needs both number and name to be written unencoded.

With this patch, both readphoonebook and writephonebook work with
Samsung B2100, although writephonebook's -o (overwrite) option seems to
have no effect, the phone probably uses some internal find-free function
when storing numbers. I haven't tested it with non-ASCII names, so I
have no idea what character encoding should be used in such a case,
however with ASCII-only names it works fine.
Regards,

grunge

PS: the patch is against gnokii-0.6.30+dsfg-1 (from Debian Wheezy), hope
it's not a problem as it's simple enough to fit other versions too.

--
NOTE FOR WINDOWS (TM) USERS:  IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE
LAW WILL I BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SW OR HW DAMAGE, SYSTEM MALFUNCTION,