Re: gnokii 0.6.29 and 0.6.32 master segfaults

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.29 and 0.6.32 master segfaults
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:32:51 +0200

2012/4/26 Charles:

> libusb:error [op_open] libusb couldn't open USB device
> /dev/bus/usb/003/003: Permission denied.
> libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.

doh, in retrospect that is the reason why it worked as root
can you try to update gnokii from git?
I just added a missing check for usb_open() failure, it should print
some error messages starting with:
Couldn't open PHONET device: Operation not permitted
then quit without a segfault

> Investigate the /dev file's permissions?

yes, look at
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2#Setting_permissions_for_libusb

however that udev rule doesn't seem to work with my new debian install
(kernel3.2.0-2-686-pae , udev 175-3.1)
Did they change (again) the format?

--
Daniele Forsi