gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] backing up home dir

From: Jason Trickett
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] backing up home dir
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:33:52 -0400

Hi. I'm new to Gnoppix and have a situation I need help with. I tried setting it so Gnoppix would read my home dir from a permanent location on my windows drive but i haven't been successful at getting that to work. So I thought I would just copy the credativ home dir to my windows drive and restore it manually when I use Gnoppix next, logging out then back in to hopefully find all my settings intact. I'm just wondering if there is anything I should avoid backing up that might create problems when I log in again. I know I can restore folders like .gaim and .gftp with no problem, but what about .gnome and .gconf ? Is it ok to back those up?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. At least until I determine what's going wrong when creating a permanent gnoppix home directory ;)

Regards,

-- Jason