Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives

From: Miles Egan
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:54:32 -0700

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 14:33, Miles Bader wrote:
> > I guess I could set up some kind of cron job to send out change mails,
> > right?
>
> Yup.  If you've got access to the machine to install a special server (for
> CVS or whatever), you can probably also install a cron job; maybe you can
> think of the cron job as being kind of like part of `arch server' :-)
>
> Such a cron job should be very simple, about 5 lines of shell script.

Ok.  This seems workable.

> [For many people, arch not requiring a special server is a big plus; it may
> be for you too, in the case of your individual developers having their own
> archives...]

Overall I think it's a feature too.  Setting up subversion, for
instance, can be a huge PITA.  I've been working with some people on
setting up a new website for common lisp development resources and there
was some debate on what vc systems to support.  People had arch
repositories up and running over sftp before the discussion even got
rolling.

Thanks for the quick response.  (you & tom)

--
Miles Egan <address@hidden>