[Gnu-arch-users] Re: future of the wiki

From: Talli Somekh
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: future of the wiki
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:07:40 -0400

Hi,

I'd be happy to host the site, and can do so pretty much indefinitely with plenty of bandwidth. also pretty consistent system administration. i can ask the sysadmin to set it up in a virtual linux config so that there is no worry about giving X people sudo or root access.

If everyone prefers the wiki in its current incarnation, that's cool.

I can also offer to build a full DB backed website as another alternative. It would be in the OpenACS architecture and look something like this: http://openacs.org or http://www.thedesignexperience.org:8089/openacs.org/

(not necessarily these designs or layouts, of course.)

this could involve a little graphic design to spruce the site up a bit and a content management system where there could be very liberal administrative and editorial permissions.

that's just a fourth alternative to consider.

that being said, i suppose the question is where does the community want to drive users? to the wiki or to the savannah page? what kind of information will the homepage/wiki contain in the future?

anyway, i'm happy to do whatever the community prefers.

talli