Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Why is "popular" software hard to change?

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Why is "popular" software hard to change?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:00:59 -0500

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen J Turnbull <address@hidden> writes:
Stephen>
Stephen> VM doesn't do maildir, and it treats IMAP like POP.

(Raises eybrow)

Semi-true, but not relevant to Jonathan's stated needs, AFAICT.  (VM's
treatment of IMAP has improved in the past two releases;  I normally don't
*want* to leave my mail on the server, so the improvements aren't valuable
to me and I have not exercised them.)

VM does have virtual folders, which is a pretty neat idea.

Stephen> mew and mh-e do file-per-message, of course (available as XEmacs
Stephen> packages), and I think wanderlust does
Stephen> (http://www.gohome.org/wl/), although wanderlust has the
Stephen> deficiency that it will do netnews if you ask it to do so.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above