Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness

From: Adam Sampson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:51:55 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Because it's intended that arch-id: be able to represent anything that
> arch-tag: could (so easy upgrade is possible), and arch-tag: ids can
> contain ".

On a tangent, all the proposals I've seen so far have "arch" in the
name -- wouldn't unique tags be useful for other version control
systems too, and thus be worth designing as a cross-system standard?

(I suppose that if we can't persuade them to use arch right now, then
at least we can make it less painful for them to change later...)

Adam Sampson <address@hidden>                        <>