Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: today's merges

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: today's merges
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:16:03 +0100

Robert Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Sure, but most people don't do that, so they're left wondering how arch
> solves the "repeated merge problem" like it advertises.

It does it by better record keeping.  So it keeps track of what
patches have been applied, and doesn't reapply them.  I guess this can
go wrong---it's probably best when you take patches from other
branches, to simply resolve conflicts and then commit, rather than
mixing in other changes.

Anyway, star-merge is a convenience function.  Arch without it still
does things to avoid the "repeated merge problem".

[...]