Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems

From: Shlomi Fish
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:23:56 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Tom Lord wrote:

> So, about this comparison -- who's the audience?  what's the point?

The audience is the people who wish to compare various systems to decide
with which one to work. Or to see how their favourite system rounds up
against the competition.

> The set of questions in the comparison are kind of strange.  I don't
> see, implied by the particular questions, either sufficient or
> necessary conditions for the system I'd want to use -- but I suppose
> that depends on who's asking and what their goals are.  Are you
> interested in the meta-question: what's the right way to compare
> revision control systems?  About who typically makes those decisions
> and what they base their decisions on?  or what they _should_ base
> their decisions on?  About who is impacted by those decisions and how?

I'm interested in any suggestions to new categories for comparison. The
more, the better.

        Shlomi Fish

> -t

Shlomi Fish        address@hidden
Home Page:

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

        Falk Fish