Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 16:31:25 -0400

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 22:17, Miles Bader wrote:

> BTW, you should check out awk sometime, it's vaguely aimed at the same
> problem space as perl, but it's an utterly cleaner language (it has
> something like 1/20 of perl's syntax!), and is almost universally
> installed on unix systems.  If Larry Wall had any taste, perl would have
> looked an awful lot more like awk...

Yeah...the trouble is I spent sooo much time learning perl about 4 years
ago.  I know more than I care to about perl.  More recently I learned
python (which was far easier, although I know a lot more about
programming now than I did then).  So there just isn't much motivation
for me to learn another language that does less than either of those :)

Incidentally...here's another bug fix:

address@hidden
  tla-tools
    tla-tools--mainline