Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Distributing (diff -u) patches

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Distributing (diff -u) patches
Date: 07 Sep 2003 17:12:19 -0700

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 14:35, Magnus Therning wrote:
> After having set up a local archive, imported the latest upstream
> version (from CVS) into it, and mirrored it I am now facing the next
> problem: how do I get 'diff -u' like patches to send upstream until they
> wisen up and start using tla themselves?
>
> All tla commands seem to generate arch patch sets (which isn't too
> surprising, really).

what-changed --diffs might be helpful.

> BTW Can I combine several patch sets into one without having to check
> out the revisions some way?

Assuming you mean that you'd like the changeset corresponding to an orig
tree and a mod tree on which you've applied several patches, the way to
do that is with replay or possibly replay --exact.

Get the orig revision, "replay" the patches you want to "combine" and
then create a changeset between that tree and the original tree.

Bob