[Gnu-arch-users] (no subject)

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ... Comparison ... categories
 <address@hidden> <address@hidden>

     > From: Shlomi Fish <address@hidden>

     > I'm interested in any suggestions to new categories for
     > comparison. The more, the better.

How about a floating average of the number of hours each project's
self-hosting archive has been down over the past six months due to
bugs in the implementation?   Or downtime-from-bugs / commit-rate if
you think that would be a fairer comparison?

How about some categories describing merging features?

How about a comparison of dependencies on other libraries and

How about a comparison of server load-averages under various access

How about a comparison of administrative procedures for managing
backups robustly?

How about a comparison of inter-backup diskspace requirements as a
function of commit rates and commit sizes?

It'd probably be impossible to do fairly and objectively, but: if you
could assign some kind of scalar score to various features and
comparisons and divide that by man-years contributed to development,
that'd be interesting, too.