Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tutorial as one big page

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tutorial as one big page
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:03:02 +0900

    Tom> No good.  I wind up spending an hour uploading the damn thing
    Tom> to the GNU pages over my wimpy modem with every update.  It
    Tom> gets worse if I want to also put it on the "Low Budget
    Tom> Homepage" mirrors.

Say what!?  OK, since arch isn't server-oriented, any "commit
triggers" would have to go via "your wimpy modem", but surely
something could be arranged so all the bandwidth intensive stuff
happens away from your box, automatically!  Anything that can be
automatically built elsewhere, should be.  Anything that can be
mirrored from a site with high bandwidth, should be.