[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Maintaining private changes with upstream tarball r

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Maintaining private changes with upstream tarball releases?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:16:07 -0500

Marius Kjeldahl <address@hidden> writes:

> I got your tla_load_dirs utility today, but I will probably not be able to
> use
> it now. It seems it require python2.3, and while trying to install that
> version on my "bleeding edge" Gentoo system (which has python 2.2.3), I read
> the following warning about upgrading:

This is becoming somewhat of a FAQ that I should document in there :-)

I suspect you can just yank optparse.py from the python2.3 source
tree, slap it in your python2.2 installation path, and be good to go.

> As for your other comments, I guess you suggest something like:
>
> project--upstream--2.0.8
> project--upstream--2.0.9

No, I suggest something like project--upstream--2.0, and all the 2.0
versions get checked in there.  If you need to reference a particular
one, you could use configs or tag it somewhere else.