Re: [Gnu-arch-users] making a public mirror

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] making a public mirror
Date: 15 Sep 2003 00:00:14 -0700

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 23:44, Dustin Sallings wrote:

>       It seems that creating a mirror wants to change my definition of the
> original archive (judging by
> http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/shared-and-public-
> archives.html).

It is very helpful to the list readers if you can give more concrete
descriptions of what you did and what happened.  The best way to do that
is to copy/paste the commands you entered and the output you got, and
then tell us why it wasn't what you expected.  There are several steps
that could possibly be construed as "creating a mirror" and it's not
clear (to me) what you mean by "wants to change my definition of the
original archive."

>       How does one publish a read-only view of an archive and still be able
> to work on the archive?  I attempted to set the name of the archive on
> the make-archive commandline, but archive-mirror gave the following
> error:
>
>       arch_archive_connect: attempt to connect to wrong mirror
>
>       Sorry for the flood of questions...still trying to learn The Arch
> Way(tm).

It's fine, but you'll get better answers (or answers at all) if you show
us w/ copy/paste the exact steps you took and what happened.  You
attempted to set the name of archive how?

Bob