Re: [Gnu-arch-users] migrating projects

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] migrating projects
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:00:50 +0200

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:31:45AM -0700, Dustin Sallings wrote:
>I've got a few problems migrating to Arch that I'd like some opinions

I only have an oppinion on one of them :)

>However, I've now moved a C based project over that has autoconf stuff
>as well as .o files and bins that all end up in the same place.  This
>seems acceptable for small projects, so I don't necessarily want to
>change all of my projects to separate the build location from the
>source location.

If the project uses not only autoconf but also automake then it is good
form to make sure it can build in a separate directory since the target
'distcheck' will fail otherwise.

Magnus Therning  mailto:address@hidden

What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which
is the exact opposite.
     -- Bertrand Russel