Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new release?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new release?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>

    > I think it would be great if a 1.1pre6 release could be done.

I do as well.

The bottleneck, at the moment, from my perspective, is the breakdown
of what are normally some very mundane processes of making releases to
ftp.gnu.org.

Given the financial status, historical record, globally significant
mission, and largely volunteer nature of of the FSF I think it best to
be patient and tolerant about such inevitable snafus --- but I suppose
that if this can't be resolved soonish I'll have to consider making
ftp.gnu.org not be the primary distribution point.

    > I am telling people to get the 1.1pre5 release, but this doesn't
    > have all the new very nice commandline syntax cleanup, and so I
    > have to give two sets of instructions on my web page, etc...

Right.   And meanwhile I'm still trying to get the 1.1pre5 release on
to ftp.gnu.org and to have some sense that a 1.1pre6 will take much
less than a month to put there.