Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating default naming conventions for an archive

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating default naming conventions for an archive
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:19:29 -0700

On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 16:38 US/Pacific, Bruce Stephens wrote:

You could also create a category--branch--version thing, and change
{arch}/=tagging-method

Then either branch new projects from that, or (probably better) merge
in that project.

That's probably the best way to do it: keep the tagging regexps in a
separate project, where they're easily modifiable.  I wish I'd thought
of that earlier...

This really makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks. Although I do also like the idea of .arch-params holding defaults for me.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>